How to effectively nurture customer relationships to ensure both customer retention and customer acquisition
“There are only two ways to get a new customer:
- Solicit a new customer any way you can.
- Take good care of your present customers so they don’t become someone else’s new customers.” - Ed Zeitz -
New customers are important. However, it takes more time and a greater financial input to make new customers shift from a certain product or brand awareness to actual brand preference, brand instance, and last but not least, brand advocacy.
Even unsatisfied customers are valuable. They can teach us how to make our customers happy by following the famous quote from Bill Gates:
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
The most demanding customers can help us come up with ideas for innovations even before they appear in the minds of consumers. As Steve Jobs once said:
“Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need, well before they realize it themselves.”
However, the true indicator of business quality and at the same time the most effective way of promoting sales, are loyal and satisfied customers. This is because the probability of selling to an existing customer is 60–70%, while the probability of selling to a new customer is 5–20%*. At the same time, the statistics show that customer acquisition strategy can be 7 times more expensive than customer retention strategy. The latter is thus more efficient not only in terms of costs but also in terms of revenue. Due to bad customer service, 89% of consumers stopped doing business with companies, with as many as 33% doing so after just a single instance of poor service.
On the other hand, satisfied customers are:
- five times more likely and easier to resell to,
- seven times more open to upselling and cross-selling of the same company,
- five times more likely to forgive the vendor in case of a mistake,
- four times more likely to recommend a company.
AdSigner allows you to show the existing customers how important they are on a daily basis. At the same time, you can spontaneously expand your sales funnel of new leads.
AdSigner is a new web service that allows:
- Easy and fast creation of ad campaigns within email signatures for all employees in the company.
- Automatic replacement of banner ads that you can insert before or after the signature. Promotional messages are automatically replaced for all users at predetermined intervals. This means that you have one less thing to worry about and that with each sent email, your business partners are instantly informed of the latest developments in the company. Let them be the first to hear about your company’s news, achievements, benefits and upcoming events. Let them know that they are valuable.
- Setting up a unique ad campaign for a specific department or employee, with banner ads that will appropriately address the recipients. This will make your campaign both dynamic and well-targeted, which means the target audience will receive messages that will both seize and retain their attention. You can now sell, up-sell and cross-sell with every email you send.
- Enhancing your credibility and authority in the business world with a professional email signature. By adding a visual element to emails, your digital communication will stand out from the majority of companies, who use traditional black and white email templates. Be appealingly different.
- Last but not least, let your message spontaneously and genuinely reach your new potential customers. The banner remains part of your signature even when a recipient forwards your email to their business partners. Use the power of business synergy.
Learn all about AdSigner, i.e. your new sales and after-sales assistant. Try it out with a free, 14-day trial now.Back to articles